//Ross Settles /September 29 / 2012
Growing Online Revenue – Advertising, Sales and Classifieds
The Seminar focused on the issues and opportunities facing traditional media as they begin to develop, market and sell advertising-supported online sites.
The Seminar presented the following topics:
- “Online Advertising Market Overview”. An overview of the dynamics of the Russian and Ukrainian online advertising market including market size and growth. The training focused on presenting the standards for online display advertisingDisplay AdvertisingA form of online advertising where an advertiser’s message is shown on a…//read more as well as an overview of standard pricing models. A short discussion of ad serving systems was also included.
- “Sales Teams Organization and Motivation”. A discussion of different approaches to sales organization and motivation as well as a discussion of integrated, independent, and hybrid online sales teams.
- “Advertising Networks”. Training provided an overview of the structure of advertising networks as well as a discussion of the pros and cons of participating in advertising networks like Yandex Direct and Google AdSense.
- “Measuring Success – Google Analytics”. An overview of the fundamentals of using Google Analytics to measure traffic growth and understand basic audience demographicsDemographicsCommon characteristics used for population or audience segmentation, such as…//read more and behavior.
- “Online Classifieds – Local Opportunities”. Online classifieds often represent the largest category of traditional local media advertising and are often the first category to move online. The training focused on the elements of the online classified market and techniques of managing the transition from print to online classifieds.
The goal of the seminar was to provide a common base of knowledge about the opportunities in online advertising both display and classifieds. The seminar also encouraged discussion among participants about the pros and cons of different online advertising techniques and the potential impact on the traditional advertising business.
Location: Moscow, Russia
Dates: 27 – 28 September 2012
Attending: Russian and Ukrainian Media Advertising Sales and Marketing Executives
Article by Ross Settles